PSORIASIS is a skin disease that is characterized by red patches covering the skin. These patches provoke inching, pain, and are often scratched till they bleed that causes different complications.
Psoriasis. Treatment. Lifestyle
What those with psoriasis need to know:
- Psoriasis is not contagious.
- As psoriasis is exposed to seasonal recrudescences, it is better to go on holidays or vacation between seasons.
- Learn to minimize the effect of psychological stress, strains, and depression.
- Smoking, alcohol, unhealthy diet can hardly provoke recrudescences by themselves, but along with other factors they considerably retard the recovery.
- Know and apply treatment methods according to the type and stage of the disease.
Types of psoriasis
According to statistics, 90% of patients suffer from psoriasis vulgaris, which is also often called plaque psoriasis. If patient keeps a healthy lifestyle, this kind of the disease is quite effectively cured by climatotherapy and natural medical products. The second type is psoriasis of flexor surfaces that affects skin folds and becomes aggravated because of injuries, friction, and sweat production. Pyodermatitis, or mycotic infection, is a typical complication of this condition. Pustular psoriasis is one of the most serious types the disease. This form affects mostly shins and forearms. Pustules, usually full of transparent exudate, are often damaged, resulting in secondary infection, and transparent exudate turns to a festering liquid. Nails psoriasis affects finger and toenails by changing the appearance of nail plate and even causes loosening of the nail. Psoriatic arthritis is a form of psoriasis that affects joints and connective tissue. It can occur in small joints of fingers and toes, knee and thigh joints. 15% of those with psoriasis suffer from psoriatic arthritis. Frequent complications of this type are bedsores and pneumonia.
Skin cells of healthy people exfoliate once a month. Dead upper layer is replaced by new underlying cells. However, in the skin of people with psoriasis this process goes on too fast. New cells reach the skin's surface in few days instead of few weeks. As a result, the skin becomes thicker and inflamed producing so called psoriatic plaques.
In the 80s doctor Carlos Miyares Cao, doctor and specialist in Pharmacology and Gynaecology, professor of Medicine at the University of Havana, while studying the metabolism of placenta, detected a substance that if accumulated in skin cells, prevents fast production of keratinocytes (cells of the upper skin layer). This explains the fact that 70% of women with psoriasis do not have any symptoms or signs of the disease during pregnancy.
PSORIASIS treatment program
In the 90s of the XX century the PLACENTAL HISTOTHERAPY CENTER (Havana, Cuba) prepared a treatment program based on unique Cuban product CORIODERMINA.
The program includes:
- Presentation on PSORIASIS, providing with information about treatment methods, products etc;
- Specialized medical consultation (Monday to Thursday 8:30 - 16:30 and Fridays 8:30 -15:30). During the consultation doctor measures affected skin areas and defines necessary amount of product and terms of treatment.
- Three in-office sessions. Patient learns to apply the product and gets all the necessary recommendations concerning personal care during the treatment. Cost of products used at the Center is included to the treatment program cost.
The treatment program (3 days) at the PLACENTAL HISTOTHERAPY CENTER - 240 СUC.
- Coriodermina gel (250) 33.30 CUC
- Body moisturising cream (250 г) 21.00 CUC
- Piloactive lotion (200мл) 13.35 CUC
- Piloactivo shampoo (200мл) 5.10 CUC
- Bioactive skin soap (120 г) 3,50 CUC
CORIODERMINA is a natural medication based on human placenta extract. It can be used to treat children and pregnant women with no side effect and is applicable for a long-term treatment. The range of treatment products for different types of PSORIASIS includes lotion and shampoo for PSORIASIS of the hairy part of the head, nail polish, shower soap, and body moisturising gels. Start your treatment in unique Cuban climate! The effectiveness: owing to climatotherapy and natural Cuban products, up to 80% of PSORIASIS vanishes for 2 weeks.
In case of complications such as erythrodermic psoriasis, pyodermatitis, or mycotic infection, psoriatic arthritis, systemic treatment is necessary. One more statistical result: 70% of patients with complications are successfully cured in Cuba after a complete treatment course. Their disease-free survivals are prolonged; quality of life and psychological comfort of patients are improved.